The Ill-Stars take the field
Roger Pielke Sr. heralds a new bunch hawking their wares as climate consultants, and an ill star group they are. The demeriti among them, and there are many, certainly have a bunch of time on their hands. However mice shouldn't take the list too seriously. This is the braindead child of Joseph D’Aleo, a meteorologist who we last met as author of the Fraser Institute Summary for Making Bad Policy, one of the last doors in the Exxon AR4 Advent Calendar
He set up a booth at the American Meteorological Society meeting and asked anyone who had an interest in what they planned to leave their names and addresses.
Like from a melting ice cap, the rodents of denial who left their names are already jumping ship. Chip Knappenberger, from New Hope Environmental Services (Pat Michaels' chop shop) said:
To my direct knowledge, some of the “experts” listed were not contacted by ICECAP, and in fact, have no idea as to who or what ICECAP is. So clearly, they should not be referred to as “our experts” which carries an air of association when done exists. This is not good form and this misunderstanding should be cleared up by the ICECAP managementWhich is a nice was of saying Pat and I and our friends have our own things, include us out. Chip says he talks to others besides Pat. Joe D'Aleo has an interesting reply:
Icecap is funded by private individuals and think tanks not associated with the oil or major corporations.Eli understands such formulations, CEI is not associated with Exxon, except for getting some funding from them, so Exxon can pass the money to us through them, or something like that. It is called implausible deniability. The effort does have the stink of Regenry Press, Pajama Media, etc. typical US right wing money washing . But you can see that Chip was right, and there will be others leaving the list soon by reading D'Aleo's description of how the experts "joined" Icecap:
The experts listed were all informed that the effort was underway and agreed to help provide their expertise or allow us to use their material or link to the material on their sites. We told them for that material, we would list them as contact experts and link to their sites or books.....D'Aleo pwnd S. Fred and Sally just like Siggie and Sally got everyone else with the Heidelberg Appeal, the Leipzig Declaration, the OISM petition! Irony is good.
All the members listed below the expert list signed up at the AMS annual meeting where we had a booth or via email. That list will grow.
- Robert C. Balling Jr., Professor, Climatology, Arizona State University
- Sallie Baliunas, Astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Thomas A. Birkland, Director of the Center for Policy Research University of Albany, Policy associated with sudden disasters. Not clear he is a real Ice Capper.
- Robert Carter, Marine Geophysical Laboratory at James Cook University, Australia
- William Cotton, Professor, Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University
- David Deming, Associate Professor, University of Oklahoma
- James R. Fleming, Professor, Colby College. Not clear he is a real Ice Capper UPDATE: Well that was a good guess, see the comments.
- Mel Goldstein, Chief Meteorologist for News Channel 8 in Connecticut.
- Vincent Gray, Expert Reviewer IPCC
- William Gray, Meteorologist
- Douglas V. Hoyt, Solar Physicist and Climatologist
- Warwick Hughes, Earth Scientist
- Craig D. Idso, Founder, Chairman of the Board, and former President of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change
- Sherwood D. Idso, President of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change
- Madhav Khandekar, retired Meteorologist, formerly with Environment Canada
- David Legates, Associate Professor in Climatology, University of Delaware, still another victim of the Kaine shuffle
- Joseph E. Luisi, Former Chief Meteorologist for Delta Airlines
- Anthony Lupo, Professor of Atmospheric Science, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Pat Michaels, Research professor of environmental sciences, University of Virginia, the original Kaine shuffle victim
- Tad Murty, Adjunct Professor of Earth Sciences and Civil Engineering, University of Ottawa
- James O’Brien, Director Emeritus of the Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies at Florida State University
- Gary Sharp, Scientific Director, Center for Climate/Ocean Resources Study
- S. Fred Singer, President of the Science & Environment Policy Project
- Roy Spencer, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama
- George Taylor, Faculty Member, Oregon State University’s College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences....Note NOT Oregon State Climatologist, another victim of the Kaine shuffle.
- Hendrik Tennekes, Former Director of Research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute
- Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator, ACRIM Experiments Somehow Eli doubts this, take a look at the list of ACRIM C0-Is