Monday, April 23, 2007

Another one falls to the blorg

Michael Tobis writes

I have been accepted as a columnist at grist.org which will expand my audience. Opinions expressed by others on grist.org are not necessarily shared by me!

My first Grist contribution is visible here.
As we know
The Blorg are a fictional race of science blogs first introduced by Seed Magazine. They are characterized by relentless pursuit of targets for assimilation, their collective conscience that enables rapid adaptability to almost any defense, and the ability to continue functioning properly despite seemingly devastating blows. They have become a powerful symbol for any juggernaut against which "resistance is futile".
Those who have gone over to the other side (Deltoid, Stoat, Andrew Dessler, Coby Beck, etc.) have done so for their own reasons, but the Rabett is a difficult character, and being a Marxist of the Grouchy persuasion has little interest. Fortunately the feeling is mutual.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeds do not last long when there are mice around.

--Algeranon

Coeruleus said...

At least the ScienceBlorg has revenue-sharing. Dave's place doesn't even allow cross-posting...come to think of it, if he likes my stuff so much he could link to it every so often with a "teh, indeedy" or something like that. Oh well.

I tried the group-blog thing for a while (All Spin Zone), but I gotta say I like my own little place best. It's falttering to get offers, but individual blogs is really where it's at. JMHO.

Anonymous said...

It's only a matter of time before Seed starts telling bloggers what they can and can not say If it has not happened already)

Knowing that this is the case, it is not hard to imagine that one might lose some credibility as a sceptic if one joins a group like Seed -- and I am using the word "sceptic" in the time honored scientific sense.

Rob said...

This reminds me of a recent Onion headline that went something like "Huffington Post readers to writers ratio approaches 1:1"