What to do about climate change is framed as a choice between adaptation and mitigation, code words for either accepting the inevitable while struggling on or maybe actually doing something. This is a false dichotomy.
Eli has never been a shy bunny, for example, Eli Rabett's Simple Plan to Save the World. In this tradition, the Rabett wishes to tell the annonymice once again what the real choices are to deal with the mess we are in and the worse mess that is coming.
The world needs a five pronged strategy
- Adaptation dealing with the damage already done that cannot be undone
- Amelioration, eliminating harmful effects of our actions
- Conservation with needed and desired but not wasteful usage
- Substitution of green systems for destructive ones
- Mitigation reversing our thoughtless abuse
A richer vocabulary.