Mice bearing gifts
(Anyhow this is not an endorsement of anonymouse.de which is a free anonymizer.)
In the comments to Motl's folly, SCM (To be known henceforth as Some Cool Mouse if he or she does not object. Eli is a nerd bunny, with very strange cool standards:) points to a great toy, spectracalc.com. This is a set of calculators for spectra, atmospheric profiles and much more put up by GATS Inc.
- Even the free version gives you access (click on Spectral Databases) to HITRAN, with graphical output.
- The Spectral Calculator on the free version appears to be currently limited to 100 cm^-1, chunks which makes it awkward for some uses.
- The Atmosphere Browser gives you fingertip access to atmospheric compositions, pressure and temperature for various standard configurations.
- The Solar Calculator tells you sunrise, sunset and the position of the sun anytime, anywhere (on Earth). Perhaps of interest to the weather obsessed at Capital Weather and elsewhere
- And finally, the generic unit converter
Ms. Rabett calls, the roasting carrots ARE burning on the barbecue. Later tonight Eli will run through a calculation using these toys showing the effects of pressure, temperature and composition on CO2 spectra.