Friday, October 27, 2006

Eli is a strange bunny....

Sing along with the Moldy Peaches

Little Bunny Foo Foo,
Hopping through the forest
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin' 'em on the head

Down came the good fairy and she said

"Little Bunny Foo Foo,
I don't want to see you
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin' 'em on the head.
I'll give you three chances,
And if you don't behave
I'll turn you into a goon!"

To find out how this ends (badly) go hare and hare (even better) and if you want a term paper, hare is a good start and you can get it on Amazon and you can take the bunny home (for a charge) and the Grateful Dead had good taste and your kids can act it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What might be more interesting is this question of mine. We get predictions of variations in warming across the planet, which I assume are due to changes in ocean currents, but it seems to me that we don't really understand something like El Nino now, to the point where we can't predict next years state. I assume that the models could be run a number of times with slight perturbations to get an impression of future distributions, but that wouldn't overcome the other deficiencies. I get the impression that their our local variations from model predictions, could this be a reason ?

EliRabett said...

Working on it Ken. I've just posted something on this, although it may not be apparent at first glance. GCM climate models do show El Nino's but, from the nature of the thing, the time at which they will occur is not accurate if you ask what will happen in 20 years. The frequency may be right tho.

The issue is by assimilating data into models how far ahead can an El Nino be predicted. This is being pushed out. This spring someone pissed all over Jim Hansen for predicting a strong El Nino in Jan 07. It sure does look like one is forming. How strong it will be, we will see.

OTOH I am becoming fond of my musical interludes.