Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First use of the f__ word on Rabett Run

From Newsweek

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."
As Atrios said, you gotta kinda like the guy

Have at it in the comments

13 comments:

Coeruleus said...

Derisive mockery?

EliRabett said...

Float like a butterfly get pissed off at stupidity like a bee.

Anonymous said...

The one thing the two major party candidates seem to have in common is a contempt for the mainstream media.

And their contempt is well deserved, in my opinion.

As anyone who has ever posted on a blog knows, it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with idiots -- which is what most of the people in the mainstream media are.

Anonymous said...

Finally a politician who understands that we need policy changes, not delusional market worship -- or, for that matter, naive volunteerism.

Anonymous said...

A politician who believes he doesn't have to do anything, but everyone else must change. I can see how that works with Rabett and the anons here. Personal responsibility, whats that?

JohnS, the 14 M sq km man

Anonymous said...

JohnS, the anon who does not believe he is anon.

Anonymous said...

A politician who believes he doesn't have to do anything, but everyone else must change. I can see how that works with Rabett and the anons here. Personal responsibility, whats that?

JohnS, the 14 M sq km man


Is that a deliberate misrepresentation of what Obama said, or was it your parents who purposely withheld your basic education?

Where does Obama suggest collective responsibility abrogates individual responsibility.

Just in case you never learned set theory - 'individual responsibility' is a subset of 'collective responsibility', in this case.

After you get your logic all sorted, you might want apologise for insulting the host bunny in such a patently wrong, and ideologically knee-jerk, fashion.

Anonymous said...

Where does Obama suggest collective responsibility abrogates individual responsibility?

EliRabett said...

Eli encourages jerks, knee, elbow, neck whatever. The bunnies need target practice.

Anonymous said...

Wadard said to JohnS Just in case you never learned set theory"

JohnS? Set theory?

Good lord, you obviously haven't seen any of his posts before.

The only set JohnS knows something about is the empty set.

Anonymous said...

I think I've had the Dano moment, and I've stirred up the little Anons.
Next thing the young Camelot king will start travelling the world telling we need to all save energy. In doing so, waste the equivalent of a small nations annual energy needs.

Algore and Obama, twins.

JohnS, the 14M sq km man.

Anonymous said...

JohnS, the non-anon anon (an' on an' on an' on)

EliRabett said...

Anon Anonymous??