Eli, not a long time ago, posted on the utter cluelessness of the sub-committee putting together a new APS statement on climate change. Like lambs to the slaughter he said, but sadly, one of the lambs was not a sheep but a wolf, lying in wait. Steve Koonin, the former (Ethon reports) chair of the subcommittee has outed himself in the Wall Street Journal.
He reprises the expected
- No such thing as settled science.
- Scientific and policy discussions have been inhibited
- I am a physicist and I know
- It could be bad, but you can't prove it will be bad in my backyard.
- People are itty bitty things, how could they affect the Earth
- Climate models are not to be trusted
- The Pause, The Pause
- and the models missed The Pause.