Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another denialist victory - 2008 isn't the warmest La Nina year on record

I think that's the way they'll spin it.  At the end of 2008 I wrote that year would be the warmest La Nina year in the historical record, but new data forces me to retract that erroneous statement.


PS. That's what I get for sitting on a blog post that I've been meaning to write - those jerks at Capitol Weather Gang beat me to it.  I await the denialist explanation on how we can have years this warm when a natural cycle is temporarily cooling a significant percentage of the earth's surface.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Jay Cadbury, phd.

"I await the denialist explanation on how we can have years this warm when a natural cycle is temporarily cooling a significant percentage of the earth's surface."

My answer is that considering the earth is currently below GAT, it isn't very warm in the first place. Additionally, earth is below average atmospheric co2 content, so the low temperatures are to be expected.

Secondly, the way us denialists (people who believe that a doubling of atmospheric co2 from 280-560 will lead to 1.3F warming or less, because clouds aren't going to amplify the warming by 400%)are spinning the cool year of 2011 is to say that 2011 is the second coldest year on record...

of the 2000s. Since true believers never mention how short the record is, why should we?

O HO HO HO HO HO HO!

David B. Benson said...

piled
higher and
deeper

Anonymous said...

Pizza
hhome
Delivery

Post
hole
Digger

Poor
highschool
Dropout

Anonymous said...

Poop

Hits

DaWall

Lionel A said...

phd seems to be alpha-code for wum

wind
up
merchant